Today write a piece of fiction or non-fiction. The only rules are that the three listed components are important to your exercise.
Archive for February, 2008
The only rule with this “endings” exercise is that you must end it with the words below! How you get there is up to your creativity!
Around your home you’ll have a number of gadgets and gizmos – electric/electronic “stuff” that requires some kind of power source. Think about what you’ve got and choose which one is your favorite. Write about it, what does it do, and why is it the one you like best? Now if you were only allowed to have one of these items, would you choose your favorite one? Or is there a different one that you just couldn’t see yourself living without because of the difference it makes to your life/lifestyle? Write about this – why is it your priority but not your favorite?
Use any of the following as the start of a piece of fiction, or non-fiction.
- “Isabel did it!” Victoria said staring directly in the eyes of ………
- There are days when the heavens seem to smile on all that you do, and then there are days like today. Days when ………
- It came suddenly, unexpected, and unwanted. The smell of ………
It just needs you to add the beginning and middle!
Use all of the following in a piece of fiction or non-fiction:
Create a written description of yourself that is a caricature rather than a mirror image - remember to highlight non-visual things such as speech patterns (the word “actually” used at least once in every sentence) and physical things such as lip biting, hair twirling, fidgeting, etc.
Use any of the following story seeds to start a piece of fiction or non-fiction:
- Whichever way you looked at it, this kind of mail was never ………
- From their vantage point high up in the ………
- Joe was an old WWII veteran who had been running ………